- "Witchcraft has never been about fun and games, it's dangerous, and it attracts darkness... "
- ―Bonnie Macaulay to Pandora.
Magic is the influencing of events by supernatural means. Magic can often be split into dark and light, though depending on the situation, can also be neutral. Magic is both a genetic heredity and a studied technique that connects a person to the elements and forces of nature in order to practice sorcery.
Spells are a series of words that when recited, produces a magical effect. Spells are the most commonly applied feat as one can achieve virtually any effect from conjuring an object/person and unlocking doors to protecting landscapes. While witches can naturally cast spells anytime they wish, other practitioners are forced to rely upon other external sources such as the aid of another witch, summoning spirits such as demons, or having possession of an object that absorbs magical energy.
Potions and elixirsEdit
Potions, or elixirs are supernatural liquids that consist of various ingredients that when consumed have magical properties.
A number of supernatural abilities are bestowed to the user through the manipulation of magic, though these abilities are only shown amongst those that are inherently magical. These powers include:
- Channeling: The act of drawing or summoning other forms of energy, by focusing on the magic of another witch.
- Conjuration: The act of calling, commanding, or summoning an element, object, person, or spirit already in existence.
- Elemental Control: The act of controlling and manipulating the elements of air, earth, fire, water, and weather.
- Mind Control: The act of controlling and manipulating the minds of humans.
- Mind Stunning: The act of bemusing and rendering someone unconscious.
- Pain Infliction: The act of creating and inflicting excruciating pain upon another person, especially vampires.
- Possesion: The ability for another being to take control of another being's form, e.g. body. Possession is different from mind control, by the fact that the being has to physically enter the other, to control them.
- Precognition: The act of foreseeing future events and happenings.
- Spell Casting: The act of changing and controlling events by magical influence.
- Telekinesis: The act of controlling and manipulating the movements of objects and persons.
- Witches Brew: The act of brewing and concocting supernatural elixirs and potions that contain mystical properties.
Sources of powersEdit
The magical power that lies within a certain individual. Innate magic is acquired in two ways.
- Birth/Natural inheritance
Individual Magic is the innate magic performed by one single Witch, This is also called "Solo Magic".
Dark Magic is the malevolent power accessed only those with a bloodline descending from dark power. Dark Magic is solely an inherent power and contrary to popular belief, cannot be practiced by anyone. Activated one's dark powers involves tapping into emotions such as anger, rage, and hatred until one gain control over their abilities, though even with control Dark Magic is known to corrupt the user.
The innate ability possessed by supernatural humans known as Witches.
Unlike witchcraft, Voodoo is not an inherent ability but a religious system practiced by various mortals. Voodoo involves ritualistic ceremonies that have magical effects.
- Grimoires: A family journal documented with ancient recipes, rituals, and spells.
- Candles: Commonly seen tools used to focus a witch's spell and/or ritual.
- Talismans: Materials used to amplify a witch’s power.
- Herbs and Roots: Various herbs and roots possess inherent mystical properties effective for magical practice commonly used in brewing elixirs or potions.